True to its subtitle. “Learn to Earn” is a beginner’s guide to the basics of investing and business. Split into four uneven chapters, the book features a 70-page long history of U.S. capitalism, a brief dissection of the evolution of a company, a survey of the corporate leaders of America and – perhaps most indespensably – an introduction to the fundamentals of investing.
How to Invest: Savings Accounts, Collectibles, and Houses
- Savings accounts or similar
- Houses or apartments
How to Invest: the pros and cons of Bonds and Stocks
Mutual Funds: their Nature and History
How to choose the right mutual fund?
- Buy funds directly from companies that manage them.
- Be wary of broker recommendations.
- Go for pure stock funds.
- Go through the records of past performance.
- Invest in veteran funds.
- Don’t switch between funds.
- Take the fees into account.
Picking a stock: The 5 Basic Methods
- Hot tips
- Educated tips
- The broker’s buy list
- Doing your own research